Saturday, May 12, 2012

This isn't my first Rodeo...

I admit this blog is one for 2 blogs I write.  But it only seems fitting that my Jewelry deserves its own blog since it doesn't have anything to do with fabric or yarn...lol...If you would like to check out what I am doing in that regards you can visit my other blog at www.mequilting.com.

As for this blog.  Well I hope to use it as a tool to help me share my wired inspiration and designs, and who knows maybe a tutorial or more once I start really designing my own pieces rather then working from a book or a magazine...lol...I am still so new at this jewelry thing and I hope to one day to aspire to be as good as some of the pieces that I have seen browsing Flickr and Pintrest, maybe it should be called Cracktrest...lol.

I recently begun me jewelry journey because I really enjoy some of the pieces that are hand made rather then bought at the store.  There is so much out there.  And since I love to do things with my hands, I figured this would be perfect for me.  Another hobby to keep me busy but also challenge me in ways that some of my other crafts can't.

Here is one of my first pieces I made.  I took a Class from Craftsy.com.  The class is called Wire Wrapped Stones, Crystals & Clusters.  And I highly Recommend that if you want to try your hand at jewelry design  that you take this class.  Aga is an awesome teacher and her instructions are clear and concise.  She has great projects for you to make in the class as well as shares some more inspiration using the techniques that she teaches to broaden your pieces from more then what she taught you.


I hope that you will enjoy what I have to share, and I hope that we can learn from each other if this is your passion too!

Lindsay

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your comments with me, I always appreciate feedback!!